Saturday, October 04, 2008

Summer

Blogging has been overwhelming to me because it has been so long and so much has happened that I don't want to skip it but because I keep putting it off more and more keeps slipping by, so......... A quick recap;


I went to Cali. helped pack up my parents and moved them to Mesquite Nv.


It was a strange feeling pulling out of town. I felt like I was pulling out of a life I had tried desperately to forget for the past three years. Then suddenly I felt free from that life. Free to embrace it and let it sit where it is… in the rear view mirror. It is there if I choose to look back at it, to examine it for lessons I should have learned but completely missed, for what ever reason.


I then went back to Cali. to spend some time with Lori and her family on the beach at the Carlsbad Campground.






It was a bit nastalgic to go back there. I had spent so many days with my friend Skip and his family there, when we were too young to appreciate long summer days with nothing to do but hang out on the beach.


Then I did some good manual labor and was able to sweat for a little bit. I never tire of good ol’ fashion hard work and sweat. I do love to sweat. A good family friend hired me to put in a sprinkler system, sod and spread a couple ton of gravel for rv parking spot at a home she had purchased to rent out.


I got to spend a little bit of time with Katasha in her home town and see her in her element, so-to-speak. It was great to have that time with her. It was monumental for us.

And I finaly got to do a photo session with her.




Kevin and his family took me out on their boat and I did a little cliff jumping. It had been more than 10 years since I had done that.

It was so much fun to spend time with them.






I hiked the Narrows in Zion with Kevin and some of his buddies from work. It started raining and lightning just before we got there. They closed the narrows due to flash flood warnings. We decided we were going to be stupid and go anyway. It turned out to be an incredible experience. We had the whole place to ourselves. It was amazing. Because of the flash flood warnings I didn’t dare take my good camera in case I had swim for my life. So these pictures aren’t very good but it was so much fun.



I love a good excuse to show some man thigh.







There is more but this will have to due for now. I do promise to tell you my favorite story of the summer in the next post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim you have to call me next time you are in town I want you to do my family I will pay you of course. I love your photos you are getting so good!!! :-) Miss you!

Michelle said...

Glad your still alive and posting now!! Cali misses you, but I'm glad that you are happy on the east coast and we still can visit when we are out there(wink,wink).

Zaneta said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! As always, amazing pictures! I am coming to Boston in the next few weeks and would love to meet up with you. I will keep you posted when my trip is set.

vallarsen49 said...

Tash looks like a model!! These are great Tim. When I get married I'll hire you for my wedding :)