Monday, October 13, 2008

Tuacahn

It was a warm summer night in Southern Utah. My G-Ma was in town visiting my parents in Mesquite from the back woods of Texas. We went to see The Sound of Music at Tuacahn (which was awsome). It was my Mom, my G-Ma, Kevin and me. My G-Ma has a little trouble walking around and by the end of the night she was spent. We happened to go on senior citizen night and there were bus loads of old people. After the show, we walked to the shuttle stop to go to the parking lot. There were so many old people there was a huge line. The worker made an announcement that there was an elevator in the next building, if anyone could walk or had a wheelchair they could use the elevator and it would be much faster. We had seen an unused wheelchair at one of the gates, so I went and grabed the wheelchair to push my G-Ma to the car and avoid the long wait. It was perfect we avoided the line and we had a wheelchair. I thought G-Ma might like to spice life up a bit and I decided to give her a little taste of my recent motto-"Drive it like you stole it." We did some wheelies, doughnuts, went off a curb, and got some good speed on the downhill slope as I jumped on the back. We had a great time. I think she liked the joy ride more than she'd admit. After we Got her to the car and got her settled, I started to take the wheel chair back to the front. I was met half way by an anxious employee running at me who said "I'll take that! This belongs to a patron who is freaking out up there!". We drove it like we stole it and as it turns out...we did! ooops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that story Tim! Good to see you're blogging again...
We love ya!