Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Change: from top to bottom

If you know me at all, you know the great love and respect I have for my Bishop.
Sunday at our Stake conference my Bishop was called to be the first councilor in the stake presidency. This is especially sad for me. I was a primary teacher and my only student was Jackson Haight, my Bishops son. I will also undoubtedly be released as a primary teacher since there are not many kids in a singles ward. I also home teach the Haights. It has truly changed my life to be in their home. They have had a profound impact on my life. I am eternally grateful for them and their example to me. I will miss them deeply.

In the last week I have sustained a new president at every single level of priesthood authority over me from the President of the church, President of the first quorum of the seventy, Stake President, and Bishop. It is amazing that with all this change the church didn’t skip a heartbeat. The organization of the church is so amazing. I have come to understand the government of God a bit better this weekend. I am at awe at the structure and organization of it all.

There is a lot more change to come; new bishop and probably a new calling. This should be fun.

No comments: