So this week has been especially difficult for me. The hardest in 9 years. I didn’t want to tell anyone one about my family circumstance because it would make for some awkward moments and a loss of words, especially at Christmas time. So I just tried to soldier on. Now that Christmas is over I would like to spare you the awkward conversations. So....here it is on my blog, so I don’t have to look you in the face while I tell you and so you don’t see my eyes water.
Last week we found out that my Mother has cancer.
My Mother, Sharon Viola Connor, is the toughest person I have ever met. She has faced every trial (which has been many large and long trials) with faith and determination. She has weathered every storm with a grateful heart. She puts on this smile and soldiers on, so people around her won’t know how much she hurts. But I see her knelt in prayer, morning and night, pouring out her soul and laying her burdens at the feet of our Savior. I have never heard her complain. No joke! Think about that. I have never heard her complain about one trial, ever. She is amazing! She just gets it done and soldiers on. She deserves the Purple Heart Medal of Honor.
My heart breaks for all she has already endured, and yet she will continue to endure all the Lord will require of her. She has many struggles, pain, and trials ahead of her as she battles this. She will no doubt put on a smile to mask the pain and soldier on as if there were nothing wrong.
Mother,
Thank you for your strength, your courage, and your faith. My heart breaks for you.
I love you so much!

2 comments:
Tim, I love you.
What an amazing mom!! Thanks for sharing her example with me!
Post a Comment