So I know this is old news for most of you but I have not had the time to blog in a long time and I did not want to just throw something like this into the "overall" post.
I am engaged to Katasha Cox. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is an amazing woman who is defiantly worth the long wait I have endured to find her. I love her more than life itself.
We met and dated here in Boston. She attended the same photography school that brought me to Boston.
There are two questions that you ask and answer to every new person you meet in Boston. They are:
1) What are you doing here?
2) Where did you come from?
I literally heard about Katasha a month before she moved here and within minutes of her looking at the apartment she would ultimately live in.
The awesome part about this story is that I am literally the ONE person, by name, her mother warned her about...
Katasha heard over and over that she "has to meet Tim Connor" as she told people she was here doing photography school. I think by the time we actually met, she was so tiered of hearing about me, she was just glad she could finally tell people...yeah yeah I know him, we've met.
We started out acquaintances that bumped into each other from time to time. Eventually we became friends. Then after about 5 months of friendship we started dating. We dated off and on for about a year (but mostly on).
I asked her to marry me on March 15th on the cliffs overlooking Crystal Cove in Southern California. I was spending spring break there with her and her family.
She knew the ring was coming that week and had previously said to me that "I had a job cut out for me," because she knew the ring was coming and it wasn't going to be a surprise.
Because of that I had planned on taking her to romantic dinners followed by long walks on the beach and create all kinds of perfect opportunities all week long to torture her with anticipation.
But , being near her makes me take on some of the qualities that I love about her. She makes me kinder, softer, and more compassionate (even when I don't really want to be).
So I woke up early, because I can't sleep when it's light, and went down to the beach to read my scriptures on that Sunday morning while everyone else slept. As I was reading I realized that my only chance of surprise was right then. So I went back and woke her up and dragged her down to the beach to "photograph the morning light on the beach cliffs" with me.
I hid the ring in the lens cap of one of my lenses. We went down to the beach and started shooting. As I knelt down and started shooting under the guard rail I asked Katasha to hand me the lens that had the ring in it. She saw the ring and I asked her to marry me.
She said Yes!
I am a lucky man!
Here are some pics of us.





These were taken by Seth Wood






These were taken by Mark Mercer
Special Thanks to Seth and Mark for taking our pictures!
We really appreciate it!
5 comments:
Congrats Tim! We are so happy for you. Great pictures.. we look forward to the wedding!
When is the big day Tim? We are so happy for you guys. Let us know the details. We sure miss you. I hope all is well with your family. does Julie have a blog? I'd love to get on it. See ya, Matt and Michelle
Congratulations Tim. We are so happy for you and now whenever you choose to get married, Phil will be able to be there!
These are great pictures of you guys. Love ya congrats again!!
so excited for you two! love these pics. what a great story!!!
Post a Comment