Lately I have been living moments that just feel like they are in slow motion. I feel like they are critical scenes in the movie of my life. I even walk out of those moments with a song in my head that is playing in the background.
Yesterday was one such event. I was riding the train home from a late day at school. It is the middle of the nightly rush hour and there was a fire at one of the stations, so the Red line of the subway was shut down for a while. Luckily I had a seat. The train was packed beyond capacity.
I am not taking pain medicine when I go to school so that I know when I am pushing myself too hard. I was fatigued and starting to hurt a little. I managed to fall asleep. I was awakened several stops later by my old best friend in
We had had a falling out several months back and I hadn’t spoken to her since. Add in our failed romance, mixed friends, and high drama all around. Maybe it was the rarity of the situation; that we would happen to be in the same car of the same train on a nightmarishly packed commute, maybe it was just long over due, but whatever the reason we talked. It was over another person, but we talked.
It brought healing to me, that I had been seeking in that particular relationship. I had patched what I could a long time ago but there was still pain... on both sides, I’m sure.
As we screeched around the bend into
I don’t know if she turned to look at me out the window after she passed, but that would be the next clip of the scene, whether she did or not. Then a quick shot of hundreds of people rushing past me as I slowly hobble down the platform.
cut
1 comment:
i love this very honest post tim. it takes a real man to be this honest with his feelings.
i know you're good, but do you have any treats?
Post a Comment