Friday, June 22, 2007

new dawn

No amount of pain or hurt or cheap thrills can satisfy our deep yearnings for the true comfort and feelings of the spirit. No matter how intense they are. The only feeling that can fill that hole is love. The love that my Savior Jesus Christ has for me. The kind of love that would allow him to bleed at every pore, to be mocked, and hung on a cross for my benefit.

I have felt that love this night. I have felt the hole that was wide and gaping last night be filled to overflowing. I have felt the Atonement take hold of my heart and the Holy Ghost comfort and teach me last night/this morning. My faith has been strengthened. My desire to do good has increased.

To make a long and personal story short and public… suffices me to say that I know Jesus Christ lives. That he loves me. That he knows what I am feeling and how to help me.

I am thankful for the sunrise this morning and that the night has ended. I am thankful for the Holy Ghost and for the light of the Savior that has ended the night in my heart.

7 comments:

Jeje said...

I'm thankful too!

And I was in desperate need of your testimony this morning - I just didn't know it until I read your post. Thank you for sharing.

xo

Lady Bills said...

tim, words could never do justice what it is you are talking about. all of us will come to know what it is you describe, at some point in our lives. thank you for speaking truth to this power, for bearing testimony of it's peace and comfort and for letting us see a little more of you.

you are loved.

Jer said...

Your a good man Tim. Thanks for extending a hand of salutation today, it may not seem like much, but it absolutely made the day. The night I am convinced is so God can test where our heart is, if it were light all the time then we wouldn't be able to learn how to generate our own light by calling on Christ and working out our own salvation. Awesome post, got me thinking.

spoonfulL said...

you are an awesome example in my life tim. thank you for your willingness to share both your strengths and your weaknesses. nuthin but love for you.

and thank you for teaching me to shoot a gun. (um, get on that btw...)

Mooney said...

Thanks brother.

Mary said...

Ether 6, baby. Thank you.

Lauren said...

thanks tim!